Singapore Classified Advertisements & Listings from Singapore Expats
Linguist / Translator (Simplified Chinese)
*PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING*
This position is in Keywords Singapore Studio.
We are seeking Singaporeans and applicants who are eligible to work in Singapore.
• Translate, review and proofread texts in your language to a high quality standard.
• Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
• Support the Testing Department on linguistic standards and questions in your language
• Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and create guidelines for your language.
• Perform Quality Assurance tasks.
• Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality products are delivered to Keywords customers
• Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team to achieve the department objectives and goals.
• Suggest process improvements that will help achieve goal of optimal translation quality.
• Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group objectives.
• Support Vendor Management on reviewing test translations.
• At least 2 years of translation / localization experience in video games / interactive entertainment is a MUST.
• Educational qualification in translation, linguistics or related field desirable.
• Extensive experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Simplified Chinese for communication with Chinese speaking counter parts.
• Passion for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry.
• Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a remote, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates, kindly include following details in your resume:
• Where you heard about this vacancy
• Last/Current Drawn, Expected Salary
• Games you frequent and/or handled
• Supporting information/documents that may aid in your application.
As part of our selection procedure, shortlisted candidates will be asked to carry out a linguistic test.
Applicants with missing information will be rejected.
Don't lose an opportunity! Keep up with our needs for talent at http://www.keywordsstudios.com/en/careers/singapore
Please Login and use the Contact User form to contact the advertiser directly.
Latest Forum Posts
I don't think so, because the message does not say it has been approved. I might be wrong. But I think just prepare you need to fly again if required, if you want the pass you have no choice but to follow ICA's instructions.
Posted in Credit Card & Banking in Singapore
I posted this elsewhere. I was approved a couple of weeks ago (took approximately 5.5 months). My profile is:
39 years old
Married to a Singapore citizen (Chinese) (formerly Malaysian PR) for 4 years, no kids yet
I work .....