Win A 2 Night Stay Complimentary Parking at 5 Star Hotel of your choice! Enter and Claim Now! (See poster for details)
Click the link to Claim >> https://bit.ly/38ORmiw
Please Login and use the Contact User form to contact the advertiser directly.
Posted in Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics
Hi. I would like to follow up on this thread and ask a few questions specific to my own situation:
1. My wife and I were previously Singapore permanent residents (PRs). We had jobs and incomes, and therefore CPF accounts.
2. However, we lost our Singapore PR status after staying for several years in the US for graduate schools. Our CPF accounts remained open, but no new salaries/contributions were added.
3. Several years later, we obtained USA PR status in 2021.
4. We did not do anything with our Singapore CPF when we file our US taxes in 2022 and 2023, because we were not aware of that we need to report our foreign accounts.
5. This year (2023), we completely closed our Singapore CPF accounts and transferred the balances to our Singapore local bank accounts.
To get ready for filling taxes when we enter 2024, I would like to get feedback on:
(1) Is the transfer from our closed CPF accounts to Singapore local bank .....
Posted in Careers & Jobs in Singapore
Wow, got to give that a try.
I was skeptical at first because it didn’t seem like the ants were taking the bait right away… you just have to leave it in their path, they will find it and they will take it back to kill the rest.
The other thing I have brought back from the US in the past year or so is Spectrum Weed and Grass Killer. I’ve never found anything like it here, and it was only $4-5 for the spray foam. We’ve often got weeds or grass growing in the concrete around our balcony/planter boxes… if left to grow, the roots can cause small cracks that cause water seepage. The stuff works, killing growth in places where I can’t reach.
I thought you can't travel with aerosols, how did you get them into the country?
Posted in Staying, Living in Singapore
this is two years old but I just wanted to say im glad I stumbled upon this. Im considering moving to Singapore after I finish my PHD to work as a software engineer and I have a 13 year old sex offense (its pretty embarassing so I dont really want to talk about it) expunged with a certificate of rehabilitation and court psychatrists letters showing I am not a danger or burden to anyone and knowing how strict Singapore is I wasnt sure but this brings a glimmer of hope.
So bottom line is be honest and upfront and provide as much paper work as you have.